EB Families and Clinicians
Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) is a rare genetic disease characterized by the presence of extremely fragile skin and recurrent blister formation, resulting from minor mechanical friction or trauma. Keraplast is proud to work closely with the epidermolysis bullosa community in the US and other regions of the world, and with the global organization DEBRA.
Through regular use of our advanced wound healing product keragelT™, many families, their care givers and dermatologists have reported benefits in the management of acute wounds, chronic wounds and uninjured skin for children and adults suffering from a variety of forms of epidermolysis bullosa.
keragelT™ is a keratin based gel that can be used in the regular management of injured and uninjured skin of people with the condition epidermolysis bullosa. keragelT™ is a low viscosity gel designed to be easy to apply to delicate skin. Some families using keragelT™ as part of daily wound management have shared their stories,find out more.
Correct usage of keragelT™ is important to get maximum benefit and make wound and skin management as easy as possible.
- Daily application of keragelT™ is recommended for at least one month to observe the potential benefits associated with using the product.
- keragelT™ is recommended for use both on intact skin (to improve its robustness) and on open wounds (to accelerate their healing).
- keragelT™ can be combined with common emollient creams and incorporated into daily skin management. This can be a convenient way to use the product and may also help reduce stickyness as the product dries.
Further detail and information on recommended use of keragelT™ is described in this document:
Instructions and guidelines for use of keragelT™ for management of EB.
Results of a range of case studies have been reported at dermatology conferences in the US, New Zealand and Australia, can be found here.
FDA Approved for Wound Care
keragelT™ is approved by the FDA for use in wound care.
keragelT™ has HCPC code A6248 under the medicare programme.
In the USA keragelT™ is available from:
- Kerex LLC by calling 1-601-500-7818, www.kerexllc.com
- National Rehab by calling 1-800-451-6510. www.nationalrehab.com
- Edgepark Medical Supplies by calling 1-800-321-0591, www.edgepark.com
Purchasing Keraplast Wound Care Products
For information on purchasing keraplast wound care products including keragelT™ please click here.