Replicine Functional Keratin Technology is supported by a strong evidence base of scientific publications. We have collated a number of the most relevant research articles and abstracts into the list below.
- G Worth, R Kelly, G Krsinic, S Scott and A Roddick Lanzilotta, Topically Applied Keratins for Hair and Skin Care, The Science of Beauty, 5 (1), 53-59, 2015.
- C Barba, S Scott, A Roddick-Lanzilotta, R Kelly, S Méndez, A Manich, J L Parra and L Coderch, Restoring Hair with Wool Keratin Proteins and Peptides, IFSCC proceedings 2008.
- C Barba, S Scott, R Kelly, J L Parra and L Coderch, New Anionic Wool Derived Protein Surface Active Agent for Hair Treatment, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 115, 1461-1467 (2010)
- C Barba, S. Mendez, A. Roddick-Lanzilotta, R. Kelly, J. L. Parra and L. Coderch (2008). Cosmetic effectiveness of topically applied hydrolysed keratin peptides and lipids derived from wool. Skin Res Technol 14(2): 243-248
- A Roddick-Lanzilotta, , R. Kelly, S. Scott and S. Chahal (2007). New keratin isolates: Actives for natural hair protection. J Cosmet Sci 58(4): 405-411
- A D Roddick-Lanzilotta, R J Kelly, S Scott, S Chahal and N Challoner, Measurement and Prevention of Hair Photoageing. . Journal of Cosmetic Science, 55, suppl.,S113-121, 2004.
- A Roddick-Lanzilotta, R. Kelly, S. Scott, G. Mitchell, S. Chahal, Protecting hair with natural keratin biopolymers. , Cosmetics and Toiletries, 121, 5, 61-68, May 2006
- C Barba, S Mendez, A D Roddick-Lanzilotta, R J Kelly, J L Parra, L Coderch. (2007). Wool peptide derivatives for hand care. J Cosmet Sci 58(2): 99-107C.
- C Barba, S Scott, A D Roddick-Lanzilotta, R J Kelly, A M Manich, L Coderch, J L Parra, Restoring Important Hair Properties with Wool Keratin Proteins and Peptides, Fibers and Polymers (2010), Vol.11, No.7, 1055-1061.
A D Roddick-Lanzilotta, R J Kelly, S Scott, G MItchell and S Chahal, Protecting Hair with Natural Keratin Biopolymers, Cosmetics and Toiletries (2006), 121 (5), 61-68. http://www.cosmeticsandtoiletries.com/formulating/function/feelenhancer/2722566.html
Peer Review Publications
- F Loan, C Marsh, S Cassidy, J Simcock, Keratin-Based Products for Effective Wound Care Management in Superficial and Partial Thickness Burns Injuries, Burns, (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.burns.2015.10.024. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26787130
- J Denyer, C Marsh, R Kirsner Keratin gel in the management of epidermolysis bullosa, Journal of Wound Care, 2015, Vol 24, No 10, pp446-450. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26488735
- A. Batzer, C Marsh, R Kirsner The Use of Keratin Based Wound Products on Refractory Wounds, Int Wound J. 2014 Feb 28.doi: 10.1111/iwj.12245 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24580740
- N Jina, C Marsh, M Than, H Singh, S Cassidy J Simcock1 Keratin Gel Improves Poor Scarring following Median Sternotomy, ANZ Journal of Surgery, 2014http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/ans.12520/abstract
- G Sussman, Advances in Wound Dressing Technology, Wounds International, Dec 2013, vol 4, issue 4, p12-14. http://www.woundsinternational.com/pdf/content_11026.pdf
- A Davidson, N Jina, C Marsh, M Than and J Symcock, Do Functional Keratin Dressings Accelerate Epithelialization in Human Partial Thickness Wounds? A Randomized Controlled Trial on Skin Graft Donor Sites eplasty13e45 aug 2013. http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/810610_2
- M P Than, R A Smith, C Hammond, R Kelly, C Marsh, A D Maderal, R S Kirsner. Keratin-based Wound Care Products for Treatment of Resistant Vascular Wounds. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2012 Dec;5(12):31-5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3533319/
- A C Vivas, A D Maderal, M P Than, R S Kirsner. Letter: Designing clinical trials to bring wound products to market Int Wound J. 2013 Feb;10(1):114-5. Epub 2011 Dec 14>. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1742-481X.2011.00907.x/pdf
- R Kirsner, S Cassidy, C Marsh, R Kelly, Use of a Keratin-Based Wound Dressing in the Management of Wounds in a Patient with Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa, Adv Skin and Wound Care 2012;25:400-3. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22914035
- P M Pechter, J Gil, J Valdes, M Tomic-Canic, I Pastar, O Stojadinovic, R S Kirsner and S C Davis. Keratin dressings speed epithelialization of deep partial-thickness wounds. Wound Repair and Regeneration, (2012) vol 20, pp 236-242. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22332782
- L. Tang, J. Ollague Sierra, R. Kelly, R. S. Kirsner, J. Li, Wool-derived keratin stimulates human keratinocyte migration and types IV and VII collagen expression, Experimental Dermatology, 21, 5, 2012, DOI: 10.1111/j.1600-0625.2012.01505.x http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1600-0625.2012.01505.x/pdf
- M Than, R Smith, S Cassidy, R Kirsner, R Kelly, C Marsh, A Maderal, Use of Keragel in the Management of Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Journal of Dermatological Treatment, epub 21 jan 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22208480
- C Hammond, M Than, J Walker. From the laboratory to the leg: Patient's and nurses perceptions of product application using three different dressing formats, Wound Practice and Research, 18, 4, 189-195, November 2010. http://www.awma.com.au/journal/1804_05.pdf
- R Kirsner Use of topical keratin gel by patients with epidermolysis bullosa, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, March 2009 (Vol. 60, Issue 3, Supplement 1, Page AB202)
- S Davis, R Perez, Y Rivas, J Gil, J Valdes, and R Kirsner, The effect of a keratin based dressing on the epithelialization of deep partial thickness wounds, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology March 2009 (Vol. 60, Issue 3, Supplement 1, Page AB201)
Conference Presentations and Posters
- G Tadini, C Marsh, R Kirsner, An evaluation of a keratin gel to accelerate healing and improve care for dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa patients, SAWC San Antonio, Texas, April 2015 and EWMA, London, May 2015.
- I Kolossa, C Marsh, R Kirsner, R A Smith, A clinical trial of a keratin gel to accelerate healing and improve comfort post haemorrhoidectomy, SAWC San Antonio, Texas, April 2015 and EWMA, London, May 2015.
- J Denyer, C Marsh, R Kirsner, Keratin dressings in the management of epidermolysis bullosa SAWC San Antonio, Texas, April 2015 and EWMA, London, May 2015.
- M Belci, T Simone, R Singhal, L Stephen, C Marsh, Effectiveness of topical therapies based on keratin for pressure sore in spinal cord injury, SAWC San Antonio, Texas, April 2015 and EWMA, London, May 2015.
- J Jutkiewicz-Sypniewska, M Plewko, C Marsh, Novel use of a keratin gel to epithelise areas with delayed healing as part of a procedure for giant nevus. SAWC San Antonio, Texas, April 2015 and EWMA, London, May 2015.
- T Simone, L Salman, B Maurizio, C Foti Effectiveness Of Topical Therapies Based On Keratin For Pressure Sores In Spinal Cord Injury, A Preliminary Study, National Congress of SOMIPAR, Bergamo, Italy, May 2014.
- C Marsh, R Kelly, RA Smith, R Kirsner Keratin-based wound products– providing a cytokine-like input to improve wound healing? Proceedings of EWMA Conference, Madrid 2014.
- F Loan, C Marsh, S Cassidy, J Simcock, A case study series evaluation of a range of keratin-based dressings for partial thickness burns, Proceedings of EWMA Conference, Madrid 2014.
- J Denyer, Keratin Dressings in the Management of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Proceedings of EWMA Conference, Madrid 2014.
- J Denyer, C Marsh, R Kirsner Use of a keratin gel in the management of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Proceedings of SAWC spring 2014, Orlando, Fl, April 2014.
- F Loan, C Marsh, S Cassidy, J Simcock, Keratin dressings for effective wound care management partial thickness burn injuries, Proceedings of SAWC, Orlando, Fl, April 2014.
- R J Snyder, M Moradi, C Marsh, R Kelly, A Case Study Series Showing Exceptional Healing on Hard to Heal Chronic Wounds with Keratin, Proceedings of SAWC spring 2014, Orlando, Fl, April 2014.
- J Denyer keragelT for management of Epidermolysis Bullosa, a case study series. EWMA 2013.
- S Cassidy, F Loan, J Simcock, C Marsh, Use of Functional Keratin on Superficial and Partial Thickness Burns, NZWCS May 2013.
- C Marsh Clinical evaluations of nz-developed, keratin-based wound healing products in innovative, early-adopter wound healing centres in usa, NZWCS May 2013
- N Blasiole, E Mostow, Use of keratin gel technology to speed healing of hard to heal wounds. Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- T Treadwell, D Walker, B J Nicholson, M Taylor, The Use of Keratin Dressings in the Treatment of Venous Ulcers, Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- F Loan, C Marsh, S Cassidy, J Simcock, Keratin dressings for effective wound care management in acute superficial and partial thickness burn injuries, Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- V Capasso, Keratin Products in the Treatment of an Unusual Acute Surgical Wound with Tendon Exposure, Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- F Wahid, B A Shrunjay, R Patel, S Wu, A new approach to diabetic foot ulcers using keratin gel technology, Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- W Q Fu, et al, A Randomised Controlled Trial of Functional Keratin Dressings for Treatment of Chronic Venous Leg Ulcers, Proceedings of SAWC, Denver, CO, May 2013.
- A Batzer, Maximising Healing Outcomes with Keratin Based Wound Products, Proceedings of SAWC, Atlanta, GA, April 2012
- R Kelly, C Marsh, J Li, R Smith, R Kirsner The Impact of Keratin Protein on Keratinocyte Cell Growth and the Implications for Keratin Based Wound Treatments, Proceedings of SAWC, Atlanta, GA, April 2012Th
- J Redmond, E Milner, C Marsh, A case study series using keratin based technology for skin tears, Proceedings of SAWC 2012, Atlanta, GA, April 2012.
- A Davidson, J Simcock, H Jina C. Marsh, A pilot study of a keratin product in skin graft donor site epithelisation, Proceedings of SAWC 2012, Atlanta, GA, April 2012.
- J Redmond, E Milner, M Dutton and C Marsh, A Case Study Series Using Keratin Based Dressings For Skin Tears, proceeding of AWMA conference, Sydney, Aus, Mar 2012.
- R Smith, R Kirsner, R Kelly, C Marsh, J Li, The Science of keratin protein: a new paradigm in wound healing, proceedings of AWMA conference, Sydney, Aus, Mar 2012.
- A Davidson , J Simcock, H Jina and C Marsh , A Pilot Study Of Keratin Dressings In Skin Graft Donor Site Epithelialisation, proceeding of NZWCC conference, Dunedin, NZ, Nov 2011.
- H Jina, J Simcock, M Than, S Cassidy and C Marsh The effect of using a keratin bases gel on median sternotomy scarring, proceedings of Plastic Surgery Congress, July 2011, Gold Coast, Australia
- A Arbuckle, A case study series of the management of Epidermolysis Bullosa using Keragel T, Society of Paediatric Dermatology Portland USA, July 10
- R Kelly, C Marsh, M Than, S Cassidy, RA Smith, Topical keratin for improvement of skin and wound healing, New Zealand dermatology society conference, May 10
- Management of recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa using keragelT, DEBRA patient care conference, Cincinnati USA, April 10.
- Management of epidermolysis bullosa simplex using keragelT, DEBRA patient care conference, Cincinnati USA, April 10
- M Than, C Hammond, R A. Smith, C Marsh, R Kelly, P Rohricht, R S Kirsner, A Prospective Pilot Study of Keratin Dressings: Effectiveness on Refractory (Large and of Long Duration) Venous Leg Ulcers SAWC, April 2010, Orlando, Florida.
- R Perez, R Kirsner, J Gil, J Valdes, S Davis, Evaluation of the effects of two keratin formulations on wound healing and keratin gene expression in a porcine model, Symposium on Advanced Wound Care conference presentation, April 2009.
- W Thompson, S Hanneke, M Compton, L Burrage, K Butler, A keratin matrix interface in negative pressure wound therapy, Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care, Las Vegas Oct 26-30, 2008.
- S Cassidy, M Than, Improved healing of Epidermolysis Bullosa wounds using a novel keratin gel technology, Australian Wound Management Association conference proceedings, May 2008.
- J Randles, The use of a keratin dressing on a recalcitrant venous leg ulcer, Australian Wound Management Association conference proceedings, May 2008.
- K Balance, C Marsh, M Than, Improved healing of a diabetic foot ulcer using new keratin dressing technology, Australian Wound Management Association conference proceedings, May 2008.
- R Kelly, F Sigurjonsson, R A Smith, A Ali, M Than, R Mcpherson, C Hammond, Keratin biopolymer dressings for wound care, Symposium on Advanced Wound Care conference proceedings, 2006.
- F Sigurjonsson, Cynatine, an alternative to glucosamine and chondroitin combining joint health and anti-oxidant, Nutrafoods, 70, 4(4), 2005.
- R McPherson, G Hardy, Clinical and nutritional benefits of cysteine-enriched protein supplements, Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care 2011, 14:562–568.
- C Beer, S Wood, R Veghte. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial to Investigate the Effect of Cynatine FLX on Symptoms of Osteoarthritis, Journal of Dietary Supplements, 10(3):184-194, 2013.
- C Beer, S Wood, R Veghte. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial to Investigate the Effect of Cynatine® HNS on Skin Characteristics, International Journal of Cosmetic Science, 2013, 1-5.
- S Houltham, C Starck, S Stannard, Two Week Keratin-Based Protein Supplementation is Comparable in Gastrointestinal Handling to a Milk-Based Equivalent. J Hum Nutr Food Sci 2(4): 1040, 2014. http://www.jscimedcentral.com/Nutrition/nutrition-2-1040.pdf
- F Wolber et al, Cysteic Acid in Dietary Keratin is Metabolized to Glutathione and Liver Taurine in a Rat Model of Human Digestion, Nutrients 8 (2): 104, 2016.
- GJ Dias, PV Peplow, A McLaughlin, F Teixeira, RJ Kelly. Biocompatibility and osseointegration of reconstituted keratin in an ovine model. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010 Feb;92(2):513-20.
- PV Peplow, GJ Dias, F Teixeira, RJ Kelly. Tissue reaction to matrices of reconstituted keratin polymer implanted subcutaneously in sheep. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2009 Apr;89(1):255-65.